Home • Alles over Citroen C5 • Forum • Sponsors • Orga calculator • Contact 

GJO

Forumregels

Enkel posten als je een vraag hebt over een C5 II (PH3) Tourer & sedan vanaf 4-2008 type X7 in de categorie algemene vragen.

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 10 berichten ] 
 C5 update - panny320 
Auteur Bericht
Antwoord met een citaat
Bericht C5 update - panny320
Dear C5 drivers,

Apologies for writing in English….as I wanted to write a little more than usual one/two sentences when I dare doing this in Dutch.

I like this forum a lot, and it helps me learn Dutch.

Ok…so here goes my story so far.

I got the C5 2.0HDiF in the Sedan Ligne Business version mid June 2009. The story behind the car was that I really wanted a Tourer after driving 2 Passat wagons for some past 8 years.
But the offer I got on this Sedan was not to be neglected and I went for it. The offer was great…BUT, I could not choose any options and colors as the car was in stock for some 9 months…on the dealer roof with 0km, and no license plate.
As you will see in my orga number, the car was produced on 06.06.2008. It celebrated its 1st bday without being driven, and still unpacked on the roof of the dealer.

Anyway, I went for it after carefully measuring the booth, talking to the dealer about the navi maps (RT4) and airco issues after reading about it here on the forum, and finally considering if I should get it still in June or after my summer holidays when I would drive some 4500 km’s.

Before the holiday, I went for service and changed the oil and the oil filter…this was done at some 1300 km’s. Dealer laughed at me…as they said it was not necessary, but I wanted to do it anyway. I will not regret the 155 euros spent.

So far…I have to say that the she drives very good. No issues, and she handled the autobahn very well…even the many traffic jams we had on our way to Croatia.

Booth space…I was afraid it would be very small but in contrary we fit the same amount of luggage (2 adults and 7 year old twins) as we did in Passat wagon…so no complaints here.

Airco…worked well, and so far I don’t think I have any issues. Even though sometimes I feel that I get more colder air up to my face than below to my feet, but it seems that this is the standard operating procedure.
The funniest thing happened 2 days ago….after a day at the beach (she was in the shade the whole day), and some temperatures on 30C, we decided to go back to our apartment. The car said outside temperature was 29C. We put airco on automatic, 21C…thought 8C difference would be enough to cool the car without getting a cold. Wellllllll……it started blowing warm air…and it continued doing so for the duration of the 15 minute drive. Only when we put airco on LO it was blowing slowly some cold air!!!! I thought...what is happening here? Next morning, I was afraid to turn on the car…but to my surprise airco worked fantastic, like I never had any issues the day before. It remains mistery why this happened.

Navi maps car was delivered with were 2007/08, with firmware version 7.11. During my oil change visit, firmware was updated to 8.11, and I also got a brand new set of maps 2009/10, so I should be happy for some time now.

Diesel consumption…is still just about 7L/100km….but I am hoping this will decrease towards 6.5 in the coming months.

Oh yes……cracking windows…very irritating for a 38.000 euro car. It is happening on both left hand side windows…I also told the dealer and they sprayed some silicon oil on it, and that was the biggest mistake…as the cracking became even worse. I when I got home I cleaned the greases stuff and put some powder on it and the whole 1400km trip to Croatia was crack free…..so from now on powder it is.

Last but not least in Germany everyone was looking at her….I think in total I saw 3 C5’s in whole of Germany.

Anyway, thanks for reading but wanted to update everyone on the situation.

I will try to get some photos with the beautiful Adriatic sea soon.

P

08 jul 2009 10:22
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Auto: C5X ë-EAT8 Feel Hybride 225pk
Opties: Geen idee
Brandstof: Hybride
Bouwjaar: 2022
Energielabel: A
Phase: C5 X
Organummer: 00000
Productienummer: 00000
Versnellingsbak: EAT8
kilometerstand: 28000
Kleur: Magnetic Blue

Naar boven
Antwoord met een citaat
Bericht Re: C5 update - panny320
Thanks for your story on this car.
About the fuel consumption, don't try to get it lower, it is useless....

Fortunately we are able to read it in English.

What is your native language?

Na 2x VAG, BX, 3 Xantia's, ZX, XM, wat andere merken, DS3 en DS4-en tot 20-05-2022 nu een C5X Feel PHEV en 2CV 6 (1985), Daf750 (1963), Volvo 66 GL (1976, 1978) als 2e daily drivers.

08 jul 2009 10:31
Profiel
C5club extreme Fan
C5club extreme Fan

Auto: C5 Break 2.0 HDI Exclusive
Opties: 16" Toora LM pack HIFI
Brandstof: Diesel
Bouwjaar: 2005
Energielabel: E
Phase: 2
Organummer: 10598
Productienummer: 10235
Versnellingsbak: BVM6
kilometerstand: 251000
Kleur: Gris Aluminium
KPH: Achter

Naar boven
Antwoord met een citaat
Hello Thanx for sharing this story ;)

panny320 schreef:
I when I got home I cleaned the greases stuff and put some powder on it and the whole 1400km trip to Croatia was crack free…..

What kind of powder did you use?

Afbeelding

08 jul 2009 10:59
Profiel
Antwoord met een citaat
Ik kom uit Kroatie....

Powder = Unicare Ultra gekocht bij DA.

P

08 jul 2009 18:23
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Auto: Renault Mégane Estate Limited Edition EDC
Brandstof: Diesel
Bouwjaar: 2015
Energielabel: A
kilometerstand: 85000
Kleur: Gris Platine

Naar boven
Antwoord met een citaat
panny320 schreef:
Powder = Unicare Ultra gekocht bij DA.

That's talcum powder (talkpoeder). That indeed did the trick on my C5 as well. And as we have a 6-month-old, Zwitsal stuff is all over the house (and now also the car :smt203 ).

Exen:
Opel Corsa 1.7D, wit (2000)
Renault Mégane Grand Tour Authentique 1.5dCi, Rouge de Feu (2004)
Citroën C5 Break (ph1) 2.0HDi Ligne Prestige, Vert Eau Limpide (2004) (geëxporteerd)
Peugeot 307SW 1.6HDi Pack, Bleu Montebello (2006)
Citroën C5 Break (ph2) 2.2HDi Ligne Prestige, Gris Orageux (2004)

09 jul 2009 07:31
Profiel
C5club extreme Fan
C5club extreme Fan

Auto: C5 phIII Exclusive 2.0
Brandstof: Benzine
Bouwjaar: 2008
Phase: 3 ( C5 II X7 )
Organummer: 11502
Productienummer: 10424
Versnellingsbak: BVA4
kilometerstand: 45.000
Kleur: vert suroit

Naar boven
Antwoord met een citaat
Citaat:
haha, dat was mij ook al opgevallen. "Neem de volgende afslag, dix-neuf". huh ? die smurf ? wat zegt dat mens nou toch ?
Duurde even eer ik het doorhad. Ze zegt ook: "ga verder op de A vingt". ofwel, of je de A20 wilt nemen.
Tis een bekende bug, kijk maar op andere fora mbt de RT3ev of RT4.

Heb nog geen andere bugs opgemerkt, behalve dan de slechte vertaling van de menu items, die is echt belabberd.

Do you also have French directions in your navi?

09 jul 2009 11:17
Profiel
Antwoord met een citaat
ik weet niet waar vandaan deze quote komt....

ik heb wel de franse map 2009/10.

mijn navi spreekt engels, and tot nu geen problemen.

P

09 jul 2009 18:10
C5club extreme Fan
C5club extreme Fan

Auto: C5 phIII Exclusive 2.0
Brandstof: Benzine
Bouwjaar: 2008
Phase: 3 ( C5 II X7 )
Organummer: 11502
Productienummer: 10424
Versnellingsbak: BVA4
kilometerstand: 45.000
Kleur: vert suroit

Naar boven
Antwoord met een citaat
Deze quote komt van dit draadje:
Navidrive RT 3 spreekt bij afslagen Frans

Wat ik bedoel is: Wordt de normaal ingestelde taal, in jouw geval dus Engels, bij het geven van rij-aanwijzingen gemengd met bepaalde aanwijzingen in een andere taal, meestal Frans, maar naar het schijnt Spaans in Spanje, Tjechisch in Tjechië etc etc? Het gebeurt voorzover ik weet bij het noemen van afslagen van de snelweg.
Er schijnt een correctie voor te bestaan, maar mijn dealer weet van niks...
Groet.

10 jul 2009 09:51
Profiel
Antwoord met een citaat
Hoi,
Nooit probleem gegaad met de taal in navigatie. In engels spreekt navigatie altijd in engels...in nederland, duitsland, oostenrijk...ezv.
P

12 jul 2009 17:20
Antwoord met een citaat
Many thanks, panny , for sharing your experiences with us :)
The remark about drawing attention in Germany reminded me of the (very funny) TV advertising they did for introduction of the new C5.

And yes, please post pictures of her once you get to it :smt004

30 jul 2009 10:28
Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 10 berichten ]